shop

Renaissance Gardens

The original design of the garden must have been characterised by a broad avenue leading up to the old main entrance of the villa, once lined with huge century old tilias and flanked by fields and small fruit orchards.

 

The Renaissance garden we see here today, was designed in the 1930’s by Bino Sanminiatelli who, inspired by Italian Renaissance gardens, extended it with the intention of «uniting the forest and the house, by means of an avenue of Cypresses through the land where the forest was before».

 

The Tilias were cut down in the 50’s and today, off the avenue, we find two inter leading gardens.

 

Low box hedges border the beds, several varieties of roses are scattered throughout the garden and large potted lemon trees surround the house.

 

The terracotta statues representing the four seasons and draped with roses, lead up to the villa along a path lined with earthenware jars, filled to spilling with plumbago and jasmine.

 

Offers

Stay 3 nights - payment in hotel

Book

Cycling on the Chianti hills

Book

Chianti Relax

Book

Chianti Flavours

Book